Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Greentea Iceblended with whipped cream

It was a great talk yesterday. Long one, but there was so much more to share. "That's why it should be treasured even more", eh?

I love how you're always able to find those EXACT words (which explains my "yahhhhh!" moments). It's lovely how we're so different yet similar on many levels and most of all, how we understand and accept each others' views without judging each other. Maybe it's good for people to be similar because there wouldn't be any judging involved, and your differences present the different perspectives, to view things in another light.

--

So someone noticed that I refuse to conform now that I have my own ideals. It's not even "being somebody I'm not", I can't stand not showing parts of myself just because the world doesn't wish to see it, or can't accept it. I don't want to lose everything I am just to be what the world wants to see, just "another person".

I've come to a realisation that the ONLY way is to be the one who can sift out what to say and what not to, depending on who you're talking to and how much they can stand others' perception of things. That, or be alone for the rest of your life. There's nothing I can do, besides to choose between the two.

--

"lonely people like to know that they're not the only lonely ones in the world". I guess it helps even more to personally know that one person, not just trying to believe in the fact that there's somebody else like you at some corner of the earth. Keeps you going when you're emotionally/physically alone. Right? :)

It didn't feel like an Edward Hopper painting yesterday because we weren't feeling alone, but there must be someone amongst the filled cafe tables who felt that way. That man facing the window on that high chair, I suppose?

------------------------------------------------------------

Loads of people passing by Dhoby Ghaut Starbucks yesterday, including Jeremy then Anusha, the ones who called me out for really short chats. And there was Xuanee who came down to look for me after her movie at Cathay :) Can't believe we bumped into each other at the exact same location where we last met up! People-watching can be such fun.

No comments: